Letter to the Editor

0

Dear Editor:

Regarding “Fire Alarms Disrupt Classes” posted on Feb. 24, 2015, we would like to clarify that on Feb. 4, the Life Sciences building’s heat and thermal detectors were triggered causing the first alarm. There was no fire and after the alarm was reset, a second alarm went off, possibly due to a faulty unit. At that point, the decision was made to replace the detector in case the original unit was faulty. There has been no inadvertent alarm since.

It is important to note that once a fire alarm goes off, LIU Post cannot allow anyone back inside the building until the Roslyn Fire Department deems the site is safe. The health and safety of LIU students, faculty, and staff remains our top priority, and we thank the LIU community for their continued cooperation.

Regards,
William Kirker, Director of Facilities Services at LIU Post

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here