By Pete Barell
Arts & Entertainment Editor
Sept. 8 – Nov. 15
• Exhibits: Color and Time, Paintings by Roy Newell, 1956 – 2000; Changing New York, Photographs by Berenice Abbott, 1935-1938. Steinberg Museum of Art, Hillwood Commons, 2nd Floor. Monday – Friday, 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.; Thursdays until 8:00 p.m.; Saturdays 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Oct. 27 – Nov. 1
• Exhibit: Art Dept. presents BFA Art Education Exhibition featuring Danielle Savarese, Hillwood Student Art Gallery. Reception Oct. 29 5:00 p.m.
• WCWP Radio Station presents, “War of the Worlds,” a live radio play performance in the Hillwood Recital Hall. 8:00 p.m. Visit wotwwcwp.bpt.me to purchase tickets. $10 admission.
• Screening: Special Screening of “Charlie Mantle” at Gold Coast Cinema, Hillwood Commons at 7:00 p.m. Part of Gold Coast International Film Festival. Followed by a Q and A with filmmaker Fred Carpenter and actors Armand Assante, Sean Young, and Robert Clohessy. Limited tickets, only 50 seats available on a first-come, first-serve basis. RSVP to post-svpa@ liu.edu or by phone at (516) 299-2395.
• 8:00 p.m. MFA printmaking student, Chris Ann Ambery, will be featured in the Sculpture Gallery. Free, all are welcome.
• SVPA Open House: 9:30 a.m. Portfolio reviews, auditions, campus tours, mini classes. For more information, contact 516- 299-2395 and Post-SVPA@liu.edu
Nov. 7 – 8 and 12 – 16
• Show: Post Theatre Company presents “Rent” directed by Raymond Zilberg. A new, revisited version of the popular musical, unplugged and with a three-piece band. Little Theatre Mainstage. All shows 7:30 p.m. except a 3 p.m. matinee on 11/16, and an additional 2 p.m. matinee on 11/14.